FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE

Sunday

I want people disarmed

Question: How far would MSNBC’s Chris Matthews have to go for people to realize what a left-wing hack he really is? What exactly would it take?

I only ask, because it seems as though there are still people in this country who actually believe him to be a completely objective, unbiased, fair-and-balanced reporter. After all, NBC’s Andrea Mitchell told us that he was.

But, as I have shown on more than a few occasions, he is nothing of the sort. He routinely injects his own worldviews into his supposedly “unbiased” newscasts. Today’s example of Chris Matthews’ unabashed bias, and unbelievable ignorance, came from Friday’s broadcast of “Hardball” on MSNBC.

Chris Matthews was “moderating” a debate on gun-control laws. I put the word “moderating” in quotation marks because he wasn’t really moderating at all. He was a participant in the debate, bringing his own Statist, anti-gun views into the discussion.

Marvel at the limitless ignorance that is Chris Matthews:


CHRIS MATTHEWS: Go ahead Deroy, you live in the city. I don't understand how we want to get on the subway at night knowing that everybody else in the subway is armed, and because I have a gun I'm OK.

DEROY MURDOCK: Well, there have been studies that have shown that in cities where are concealed-carry laws, the gun, rather, the crime rate goes down because criminals are afraid that people may retaliate. As for this particular --

MATTHEWS: What do you think of that? What do you think of that? What's your view?

MURDOCK: On this race, what's interesting is that Romney --

MATTHEWS: You don't want to give me your view because it requires you to actually say what you think, because I'm asking you Deroy --

MURDOCK: I happen to agree with that. I think that --

MATTHEWS: You think we should have a concealed gun law in New York?

MURDOCK: Yah, I think that would probably be helpful. There are people who do conceal guns here, and to the extent that people think that criminals might be retaliated on, I think that helps keep the place safe. I would point out that Romney, who claims to be Mr. Second Amendment now, actually increased the cost for gun permits, and he claimed when he ran for governor that he wasn't a man of the NRA, and now that he's running for president he claims to be a lifetime member of the NRA -- lifetime being defined as joining in August of 2006. So even on the gun issue he's sort of all over the map.

MATTHEWS: You know what I think? In big cities they ought to check people on sidewalks like getting on airplanes. And why an airplane should be safer than an American sidewalk is crazy to me. Why you can walk down the sidewalk of an American city carrying a concealed weapon without a license is wacky.


MURDOCK: I think [you should have to have] a license.

MATTHEWS: But that's what's going on. I'm talking about a different point here.


So many things to point out, and so little time. First, note that Chris Matthews completely changed the essence of the debate when he said, “Why you can walk down the sidewalk of an American city carrying a concealed weapon without a license is wacky.”

No one ever said that people should be allowed to walk around concealing an unlicensed weapon. Concealed carry laws specifically state that citizens are allowed to carry a firearm, as long as they have REGISTERED for a concealed carry permit. Deroy Murdock stated this. And, Chris Matthews knows it, because HE ASKED THE QUESTION!


MATTHEWS: You think we should have a concealed gun law in New York?

MURDOCK: Yah, I think that would probably be helpful.

So, when Chris Matthews states, “I'm talking about a different point here,” HE’S LYING!

Next, let me point out to you the unbelievably Statist views of this “objective, unbiased” reporter.


MATTHEWS: You know what I think? In big cities they ought to check people on sidewalks like getting on airplanes.

Every day, we hear from hacks like Chris Matthews that President Bush is violating the civil rights of American citizens by spying on them, tapping their phones, warrantless searches….the list goes on. Yet, here is Chris Matthews supporting the idea of a fascist state where police officers can randomly stop people on the street without probable cause and search them from head to toe.

Read Chris Matthews’ statement and tell me that he is not in favor of a fascist police-state.

But, I haven’t even told you the best part yet. If you haven’t seen Chris Matthews Statist, anti-gun opinions on full-display yet, this should take care of that…


MATTHEWS: I want to see people disarmed. I want people disarmed in our major cities. How's that for a plan? I don't think we should all be armed, and I don't think more guns is the answer. I think it's wacky to say that the solution to armed robbery and killing in our streets in big cities is to put more arms in the streets.

He is actually calling for gun-owners in New York city to be disarmed. Second amendment? Who needs it?

Matthews blatantly states his opinion on the issue without any restraint. Hey, Chris, you’re supposed to be REPORTING the news. We don’t give a damn what you think.

I’m not going to dwell on the fact that Chris Matthews’ opinion on gun-control is provably wrong. The statistics and studies of gun crimes stand in direct contrast to everything that he is saying.

The real point here is that Chris Matthews, this “objective, unbiased, fair-and-balanced reporter,” is using his show on MSNBC as a soapbox to spread his own worldview to his viewers.

This is not a news report. It is news commentary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home