FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE

Friday

My Hiatus

With the current state of politics, and the saturation of election coverage, I’m starting to feel more and more disheartened about even discussing political issues. For quite some time now, I have been disgusted by both Republicans and Democrats alike. Neither party has the ideals of individual liberty or freedom at the top of their priority list. They simply aren’t interested in them. They are more concerned with their own reelection.

In addition, I have begun to feel that blogging about these issues is really a waste of time. It really doesn’t help my psyche to focus on all of the crap that is coming out of Washington (or coming from the average uninformed American voter), and to further perpetuate my frustration by writing about it.

I used to be able to rationalize it by saying that I am trying to start a discussion. I wanted to have serious, informed, logical debates. But, for the life of me, I can’t seem to get people to leave comments on any of my blogs. For those of you who do leave comments (all 3 of you), I thank you. I really am appreciative. But, the comments are few and far between, and cannot really be considered a “discussion.”

If blogging about these issues accomplishes nothing but making me more frustrated, and people aren’t reading my blogs or aren’t responding to them, then there is really no reason to continue.

So, for now, I am taking a hiatus. I won’t be blogging about political issues. I really won’t even discuss it in person. I need a break.

Thanks again to those who choose to read. But, I am out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home